New Free Online Continuing Education Course: Off-Grid Solar Lighting: Solutions, Savings, and Sustainability
|Subscribe to FREE newsletter||Mar 31, 2015|
Free Online Continuing Education Course; 1 hour program. Provides an in-depth introduction into the technology and benefits of off-grid solar lighting. The course covers key considerations when selecting a system that is reliable, efficient, and cost-effective. This course contains sustainable design education. These courses are USGBC approved for GBCI CE Hours.
Solar-powered lighting consists of a solar panel or photovoltaic cell that collects the sun's energy during the day and stores it in a rechargeable gel cell battery. The intelligent controller senses when there is no longer any energy from the sun and automatically turns the LED light on using a portion of the stored energy in the rechargeable battery.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- evaluate the environmental and economic benefits of off-grid solar lighting
- discuss how the internal components of solar lighting work, including the solar panel, charge controller, battery, and LED fixture
- discuss the most important site factors to be considered when specifying an outdoor solar lighting system: location, aesthetic requirements, operating profile, and light intensity requirements
- explain how the components contribute to the overall system performance, longevity, and cost, and
- describe the advantages of off-grid solar lighting as shown by relevant case studies.
Sol Inc., a subsidiary of Carmanah Technologies Corp., is the world leader in solar LED outdoor lighting solutions. Since 1990, Sol has installed over 70,0000 innovative and cost-effective solar powered outdoor lighting systems in more than 60 countries on six continents. Our commercial/industrial-grade solutions provide unsurpassed levels of illumination and reliability for a wide range of area, security, street and roadway lighting applications.
Sol is proud to have devoted a portion of our profits in recent years to advance solar lighting and to provide assistance to emergency challenges. Most recently, Sol fielded its own team to install lights donated by the company in Haiti, placing some of the first lights on the ground in service. These lights saved lives every day by lighting up emergency medical clinics, food distribution stations and search and rescue sights, allowing around the clock operations, which would have otherwise been curtailed at dusk.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: