Penetron® Feature: Penetron White Tank system
A white tank is a concrete structure that is waterproofed entirely from inside the concrete, thereby offering substantial benefits to both builder and owner. The system represents a huge improvement on the traditional black tanking practice, which relied on environmentally unfriendly bituminous membranes and/or tar products, that used to be fixed to the concrete surface. Whereas other white tank systems rely on high-grade concrete formulations and tedious installation of components, the Penetron White Tank stands out in its simplicity, self-healing capacity and the fact that it allows ordinary concrete to be used.
- Substantial time and cost savings as waterproofing is included in concrete placement process
- Waterproofing abilities remain active if surface is damaged
- Self-healing ability for the life of the structure
- Approved for potable water use
- Easy access for repairs if necessary
- No need for high-grade ultra dense concrete to achieve waterproofing
- Penetron Admix completely waterproofs the concrete body with the world-renowned Penetron crystalline capillary technology (click here to view a 3 minute video).
- Penebar is installed at the concrete joints and swells up when it comes in contact with water, thereby preventing any leakage through joints and penetrations.
- Penecrete Mortar is used to fix form-tie holes as well as honeycombs, penetrations, cracks or bugholes.
Performance and certification
Waterproofing provided by the Penetron White Tank is complete and permanent. No additional treatments or maintenance is required. Penetron technology has a proven track record that spans 31 years and 70 countries and is supported by dozens of approvals and test reports from reputable international testing labs. Further, Penetron Admix is CE certified and carries the German U-sign, which certifies that products fulfill the highest quality standards, meet or exceed stringent application criteria, and comply with stringent German environmental and health regulations.
Area of application
Keeping Water In
- Dams and Reservoirs
- Water Tanks
- Swimming Pools
- Sewers and Pipelines
- Waste Water Treatment Plants
Keeping Water Out
- Utility Vaults
- Underground Car Parks
- Transport Tunnels
- Underground Stations and Subways
- Marine Structures
The Penetron White Tank System has been used on countless projects around the world.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try:
|(03 - 16 Div.) Concrete|
(07100) Dampproofing and Waterproofing
(07 10 00) Dampproofing and Waterproofing