BROAN and NuTone ULTRA™ Ventilation Fans
|Subscribe to FREE newsletter||Apr 10, 2014|
Continuing in the tradition of best-in-class ventilation products, the Broan-NuTone® offering of BROAN® and NuTone®ULTRA™ Fans and Fan/Lights includes 16 models with ULTRASense™ technology. These ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights provide humidity- or motion-sensing capabilities while featuring the fastest, easiest, most universal installation to save contractors time and help meet stringent green building and ventilation codes. Available in single- and multi-speed models (motion-sensing capability featured in multi-speed models only), ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights with ULTRASense operate at less than 0.3 Sones — the lowest sound rating possible — while operating or adjusting fan speed based on changes in humidity or motion.
“ULTRA Ventilation Fans and Fan/Lights with ULTRASense technology combine the features of the original ULTRA Series — easy installation, quiet operation and energy efficiency — with new, convenient humidity- or motion-sensing capability,” says Patrick Nielsen, marketing manager, ventilation fans, Broan-NuTone. “ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights help contractors save time on installation and meet green building requirements. They also provide long-lasting benefits to users, such as extremely quiet operation, unbelievable performance and, now, the ability to detect humidity or motion and either turn a single-speed fan ON or adjust the CFM level of a multi-speed fan.”
Major benefits of ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights include the following:
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology: ULTRASense H (Fan/Light, pictured below right) detects a rapid rise in humidity to turn single-speed fans ON and multi-speed fans from LOW to HIGH. This means that they will react to shower humidity much faster than other fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached. Users can enjoy a humidity-free, comfortable environment much more quickly when taking a bath or shower. After a user-adjustable time delay, ULTRASense turns the fan OFF for single-speed fans and reduces the speed to the LOW continuous setting for multi-speed fans. ULTRASense offers an easily accessible humidity sensitivity adjustment to ensure a healthy, comfortable environment based on the user’s climate.
- ULTRASense™ M, Motion Sensing Technology (multi-speed only): ULTRASense M is equipped with a sensor that turns multi-speed fans to HIGH when someone walks into the room and reduces fan speed to LOW after a user-adjustable time delay.
“These new sensing capabilities will benefit homeowners who frequently forget to turn ON a bath fan before taking a shower — or OFF after taking one,” explains Nielsen. “By automatically turning the fan ON or up to maximum speed after sensing a rise in humidity or movement,
ULTRASense can help prevent mold and mildew caused by excess moisture in a room. Likewise, automatically reducing fan speed to OFF or LOW, ULTRASense helps reduce wasteful energy costs.”
ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology: ULTRA can be installed in minutes in retrofit applications from the room-side with its unique telescoping mounting frame, which can collapse together to fit through drywall openings and then expand once above the ceiling:
- Includes easy-to-insert snap-in housings (no screws required) and a snap-in blower
- Installs up to 60 percent faster in retrofits and up to 20 percent faster in new construction than comparable fans on the market
ULTRAGreen™ Energy-Saving DC Motor: ULTRA offers extremely energy-efficient operation — well beyond ENERGY STAR® requirements — that in both single- and multi-speed configurations meets several green industry standards:
- Multi-speed models featuring high speed for spot ventilation and adjustable continuous CFM settings are especially well-suited to meet building codes such as CA Title 24 or green building guidelines such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) and ENERGY STAR for Homes (all of which follow the ASHRAE 62.2 residential ventilation standards).
ULTRASmart™ Control Technology: ULTRA maintains powerful operation over a wide range of real-world installations, often maintaining 0.1” pressure CFM ratings at well beyond 0.25”.
ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology: ULTRA operates at an HVI certified, best-achievable less than 0.3 Sones for an extremely relaxing environment:
- State-of-the-art blower design optimally smoothes airflow
- QStream™ technology (4-inch models) features airflow smoothing baffles to reduce turbulence and associated noise
ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology: To brightly illuminate rooms for most any task, ULTRA comes with two 18-watt ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs.
ULTRA Fans (non-sensing models and those without lights) are also offered with a radiation damper for multi-story applications. In addition to meeting tough industry performance requirements, these fans are designed to be serviced without disturbing the surrounding drywall.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try:
(15800) Air Distribution
(08 95 00) Vents
(23 30 00) HVAC Air Distribution
(23 35 00) Special Exhaust Systems