Reinforce and Protect Your Building Assemblies
Whether you need to protect your project from inclement weather, provide more fire resistance, or add strength to your structure, consider using Gold Bond® brand eXP® Sheathing. Attach this moisture and mold resistant gypsum panel to the outside of sidewall and soffit framing as a water-resistant underlayment for various exterior materials.
- Resists mold growth per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10 (the best)
- Provides superior water resistance and does not impede vapor transmission
- Scores and snaps easily
- Is approved for specific UL fire-rated designs
- Works for radius applications
eXP Sheathing is manufactured with an enhanced moisture and mold resistant core and facer. The facer is composed of a coated fiberglass mat with PURPLE® color which provides superior weather resistance capabilities. It is produced in 1/2" and 5/8" thicknesses, 4' wide in 8', 9' and 10' lengths. eXP Sheathing is lightweight, scores and cuts easily, and is specially coated on the front, back and sides for easy handling.
Basic UseseXP Sheathing can be used in both wood and metal stud construction to provide fire resistance, weather protection and to add to structural strength. eXP Sheathing can be used as a substrate for various air and water resistive barriers including building wraps, self-adhesive membranes and liquid applied coatings. It can be used as a component in curtainwall or Exterior Insulated Finish Systems (EIFS), and under various exterior finishes such as metal, vinyl, wood or fiber-cement siding; brick/stone veneer, or conventional stucco.*
The 5/8" eXP Fire-Shield® Type X gypsum panel can be utilized for exterior fire-rated wall and soffit assemblies.
- Manufactured to meet ASTM C 1177 (“Standard Specification for Glass Mat Gypsum Substrate for Use as Sheathing”).
- Will withstand up to 12 months of exposure to typical weather conditions, subject to terms, conditions and exclusions of National Gypsum’s Limited Warranties. (Click here for warranty)
- Resists the growth of mold per ASTM D3273 with a score of 10, the best possible score.
- Superior water resistance which does not impede vapor transmission.
- Dimensionally stable under changes in temperature and relative humidity and resists warping, rippling, buckling and sagging for a flat and even substrate.
- Noncombustible material.
- No special tools or fasteners required for installation.
- Approved for inclusion in specific UL fire-rated designs.
- Can be scored and snapped to exact size without sawing.
- Coated fiberglass mat on face and back for easy handling.
- Ideally suited for soffit applications.
- Suitable for radius applications.
@NationalGypsum #NationalGypsum #construct
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: