SCIF & MRI Room Shielding from MarShield
MarShield specializes in providing a variety of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) enclosure shielding materials as well as radiofrequency (RF) and MRI shielding products. Alongside these offerings, we provide waveguide air vents and cryogen vent systems to ventilate the affected spaces properly.
Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) Shielding
RF Shielding for MRI Imaging RoomsMRI equipment utilizes a strong magnetic field to generate images and requires minimal Radiofrequency (RF) noise in the surrounding environment. RF Galvanized Panel shielding is commonly used in MRI rooms to minimize the ingress and egress of electromagnetic waves, particularly RF waves, due to its good conductivity.
Imaging rooms are shielded from RF waves in order to minimize background RF waves to achieve the clearest possible image from the MRI and protect other electronics from interference from the MRI’s RF wave production generated by the MRI electromagnet.
RF Galvanized Panel Systems:
- The modular structure of a RF Galvanized Panel System is traditionally used for high-performance shielding.
- The panels are crafted with galvanized sheet steel bonded to a wood core that is attached via framing joints.
- The RF panel system will be supported via threaded rods and dielectric isolators attached to the deck above.
- The shield will perform beyond the attenuation levels required for all major OEM’s.
Copper RF Shielding:
- This non-ferrous enclosure is ideal for shielding applications with restricted site access and consists of copper sheets attached to a plywood substrate.
- The copper sheets are soldered together at all seams.
- This shielding system offers adaptability to different room configurations and is suitable for a wide range of applications.
- It exceeds the attenuation levels required by major all major OEMs.
- Copper RF Shielding is installed in areas with restricted site access.
Other MRI Room Shielding Materials Include:
- Sliding RF Doors
- Auto-Latch RF Doors
- RF Shielded Windows
Honeycomb RF Waveguide Air Vents & Cryogen Vent SystemsMRI machines use liquid helium to cool down the superconductive magnet’s coil, and cryogen vent systems are used for safe ventilation. MarShield specializes in the supply and installation of these pipe systems.
Galvanized panel room or Copper MRI shielding is employed to create a controlled environment that isolates the MRI room from external sources of electromagnetic interference, ensuring optimal imaging performance and accuracy. HVAC Waveguide panels are designed to protect against EMI and RFI signals, incoming and outgoing in order to protect against crosstalk and external monitoring of interception.
The waveguide hex cell geometry is sized for optimal performance to meet or exceed the desired performance requirements.
RF Testing ProceduresEach and every MRI/RF shielding installation by MarShield is fully tested at the preliminary and final stages of the build to validate the Shielding Effectiveness (SE) of the enclosure including, and a Final RF Test is provided for approval.
MarShield Specialty Shielding SolutionsMarShield is able to provide complete shielding solutions including installation according to the worlds leading MRI OEM’s requirements. Contact MarShield for your SCIF application and MRI imaging room shielding needs. We serve the healthcare industry as well as other industries, including the defense and security sector of the U.S. military and The Canadian Association of Defense and Security Industries (CADSI).
@MarShield_TM #MarShield_TM #radiationshielding #neutron #shielding
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: