Shower & Bathtub Wall Surround from Bath Doctor
Bath Doctor bath and shower wall surrounds are quickly and easily installed, provide peace of mind against leaks, resist mold and mildew, and represent an excellent value. We offer design, supply, and installation of acrylic or tile products.
- Reduced maintenance. Our acrylic and faux stone systems are grout-free and non-porous, require no heavy scrubbing, and resist mold and mildew. This can save you hours of cleaning!
- Quick installation. If you choose acrylic panels they can be installed over existing bathroom walls - cutting the time to get this project done significantly.
- Huge array of colors, patterns, and textures. Get rid of your ugly out of date color - we have a wide range of colors, patterns, and textures.
- Cost-effectiveness. If you want to save money consider an acrylic wall systems for excellent value and affordability.
- Environmentally responsible choice. Installing acrylic material over old tile walls reduces waste and the need to dump materials into landfills.
- High-quality, durable bathroom solution. Acrylic won't stain, peel, crack, craze (i.e., the spiderweb effect you'll see in fiberglass or plastic), or chip.
- A company you can trust. We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and have won service awards through Angie's List and Consumer's Choice through our parent corporation, Innovate Building Solutions.
FAQs about Acrylic & Tile walls
Can I remodel over existing tile, fiberglass, or plastic walls?
Yes and no. Installing an acrylic wall surround over old tiles can be done if the existing structure is not bowed or spongy. If you have an existing fiberglass or plastic unit it will have to be removed.
How can I make a small bathroom look bigger?
For small bathroom remodeling, we recommend use of light colors (add pops of color in the accessories). If you like wallpapered bathrooms, choose a vertical wallpaper pattern. Light colors and vertical lines will make the room look bigger, as well as using larger rectangular tiles.
How can I reduce the maintenance of a tile shower?
You can reduce the maintenance during the installation stage of your bathroom remodel. Smart choices in materials and design include:.
- Urethane grout - improved resistance to water, stains, and mold or mildew.
- Water-resistant tile.
- Larger tiles to minimize joints.
- Moisture-resistant or waterproof backboards.
Because acrylic does not allow the growth of mold or mildew, cleaning is very simple. In a spray bottle, make a 50:50 solution of vinegar and water or a 10:90 solution of bleach and water. Spray it on and rinse it off with a wet, soft cloth. Don't use ammonia, aerosol cleansers or abrasive materials like Tilex.
What is the #1 benefit of your acrylic system?
In a recent study, "ease of cleaning" was rated the homeowner's number one concern for shower & bath projects. Acrylic's hard non-porous surface makes it less susceptible to hard water stains, mildew, and algae versus the gel coat/fiberglass and tile grout used in typical tub/shower installations. Cleaning acrylic requires only a mild bathroom cleaner and a quick and easy wipe down with a damp sponge or cloth, even after years of use.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: