Therma-Floor: The Ideal Underlayment for RadiantFloor Heat
Therma-Floor® is a gypsum underlayment by Maxxon® Corporation designed specifically for radiant floor heating systems. Poured over hot water tubes or electric heating cables, it’s the ideal thermal mass for any radiant floor system.
Therma-Floor encases the tubes or cables in noncombustible gypsum specially formulated to resist breakdown to 150 ˚F (66 ˚C). Poured only 11⁄4" (32 mm) thick, Therma-Floor also makes your heating system more stable — and your home more comfortable.
Some radiant systems install under plywood subfloors resulting in lost heat, as plywood is nearly 4 times more insulative than Therma-Floor. Therma-Floor works above the subfloor for greater efficiency and consistent comfort. Therma-Floor is an eco-friendly building product, and is GREENGUARD and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
WHY A RADIANT FLOOR HEATING SYSTEM ISN’T COMPLETE WITHOUT THERMA-FLOOR:
- Resists heat deterioration — it’s formulated specifically for radiant floor heating
- Enhances heating system responsiveness due to its thin thermal mass
- Provides a smooth, tough surface
- Stiffens the floor
- Seals perimeter walls, keeping out baseboard drafts
- Eliminates squeaks and nail pops common to wood underlayments
- Muffles sound transfer
- Backed by a nationwide applicator network with over 4 billion square feet of installation experience
- Accepts virtually all floor coverings
- Contains no urea formaldehyde
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: