Explore Paint Color Options On Your iPad® With New Sherwin-Williams ColorSnap Studio™ App
Find a world of color at your fingertips with the new Sherwin-Williams ColorSnap Studio iPad app. ColorSnap Studio blends the best of Sherwin-Williams color inspiration tools – the ColorSnap® smartphone app, the powerful online Color Visualizer, plus the Explore Color functionality. This app offers high definition, as well as pinch, zoom and swipe capabilities.
ColorSnap Studio lets people access the same functionalities as the ColorSnap smartphone app, which makes it easy to find the closest-matching paint colors within an image and to fine-tune colors using the lightness, saturation and hue features.
In addition, they can also use the Color Visualizer tool, which was previously only available for desktop use, to experiment with thousands of color combinations by easily applying color to an image with no edge-masking required, meaning a person can touch the color and simply use their finger to “paint” the color into the image.
More ease-of-use functionality
Taking advantage of iPad technology, ColorSnap Studio offers more benefits, including:
- Paint a scene. Use one of the preloaded room scenes and easily try different colors on the walls from the Sherwin-Williams palette. You can also upload your own photos and either use point-to-point masking to define areas you want to paint or easily paint the surface with your finger without having to mask the image.
- Match colors in any photo. Match paint colors to existing photos in your library on iPad, Flickr® or Facebook® or snap you own photos with your tablet.
- Share images. Integrate iPad contacts to share images with anyone at any time, without having to load in a list.
- Calculate paint needs. Calculate how much paint to purchase by measuring the height and width of a room’s walls and factoring in the number of windows and doors.
- Locate a Sherwin-Williams store. The iPad determines your current location to find stores nearby, or allows for a search by ZIP code.
In addition, ColorSnap Studio users have access to the Explore Color functionality, enabling them to find the perfect paint colors, searching by a color family, color name, color number or color collection.
“We are seeing more people using the iPad for color discovery as they share and use photos to find colors that meet their design needs. ColorSnap Studio brings our popular color tools together, making it easier than ever to select paint colors anytime and anyplace,” said Jackie Jordon, director of color marketing for Sherwin-Williams.
ColorSnap Studio may be downloaded from the iTunes® store using an iPad. For additional information and tools to help consumers choose color with confidence, visit swcolor.com.
As the nation’s largest specialty retailer of paint, stains, coatings, wall coverings and sundry items, Sherwin-Williams is dedicated to supporting do-it-yourselfers with exceptional products, resources to make confident color selections and expert, personalized service that’s focused on unique project needs. Sherwin-Williams is committed to environmental responsibility in both manufacturing processes and finished products, and in 2011, earned the EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award. Sherwin-Williams products can only be found at its more than 3,400 neighborhood stores across North America. For more information, visit sherwin-williams.com or join the color conversation at facebook.com/sherwinwilliamsforyourhome.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: