Gladding Residence Center at VCU
The Gladding Residence Center on the campus of Virginia Commonwealth University house 1,524 freshmen students in traditional and semi-suite style double rooms. In addition to rooms, this 360,000-square-foot residence hall – with 12 floors and four neighborhoods – will house Residential Life and Housing offices, a Housing Leadership Center, exercise center and building support space. It will also feature a 40,000-square-foot landscaped courtyard.
This new center will replace two four-story residence halls: Gladding I, built in 1979, and Gladding II, built in 1982, which were razed before construction began. In keeping with the quest to improve the residential experience at VCU, this project is a public private partnership with Texas-based American Campus Communities. The projected budget to complete the Gladding Residence Center is $96 million. General contractor is W.M. Jordan, of Richmond and Newport News, Virginia, and drywall contractor is Agent Wall Systems of Norfolk, Virginia.
This project includes the following National Gypsum products:
- 96 MSF of Gold Bond® BRAND eXP® Shaftliner
- 176 MSF of Gold Bond® BRAND eXP® Sheathing (1/2”)
- 192 MSF of Gold Bond® BRAND Hi-Abuse® XP® Gypsum Board
- 624 MSF of Gold Bond® BRAND XP® Gypsum Board (5/8”)
- 1,536 MSF of Gold Bond® BRAND High Strength Fire-Shield® LITE® (5/8”)
- 25 trucks of ProForm® BRAND Ready Mix Joint Compound
@NationalGypsum #NationalGypsum #construct
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: