High-Performance Translucent Daylighting - Wall Systems
Kalwall Wall Systems are the heart of the unique, lightweight, structural sandwich panel technology that began a revolution in daylighting by the company's founder over a half-century ago. The quality of daylight, energy performance and structural integrity of the Kalwall Wall System is unrivaled. Flat or curved, the performance and design options are virtually endless. Occupant comfort, safety and security are paramount.
View our Guide to Designing Energy-Saving, Translucent Wall Systems, but first, by way of an introduction, here is an overview of the basic considerations:
ENERGY: The Most Highly Insulating, Light-transmitting System in the World!
- Wall Systems can be flat or curved.
- Rapid installation of large, lightweight sandwich panels.
- LEED® contribution as installed is unequalled.
- Detailing is simple.
- Museum-quality DaylightingTM options to meet specific requirements.
- SHGC as low as 0.06.
- Exclusive Kalwall+ Lumira® with super-insulating, diffuse-light-transmitting aerogel.
DAYLIGHT: For more daylighting examples visit the PHOTO GALLERY
- Controlled, natural daylight achieves finely tuned thermal and solar performance and glare-free, Museum-quality Daylighting. More information on Daylight Modeling.
STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY: Extreme performance standards for human safety.
- Blast, fire, hurricane, explosion-rated as needed.
- Rapidly and economically enclose any space with a totally factory pre-finished system.
- Structural Sandwich Panels up to 5'x 20' (1.5m x 6m), 2-3/4" (70mm) and 4"(100mm) thick are secured to building with simple, Clamp-titeTM aluminum/composite extrusions. System seals panel/panel and building, allowing for expansion/contraction and proper weepage to channel any moisture to building exterior.
- Kalwall 100™ systems feature 4" (100mm) thick panels for applications requiring even more structural integrity. U-values from 0.08 to 0.55 Btu/hr/ft2/°F (0.45 to 2.83 W/m2K), R-13 to R-6.
DEMANDING CODE COMPLIANCE: Tested, improved and continually upgraded.
- Special application and national building code-compliant.
- Complies with DoD and GSA UFC 4-010-01 Blast-Resistant Construction as needed.
- Following are a few of the codes and standards applying to some Kalwall Translucent Wall Systems. View Safety and Security brochure for more information.
- Explosion Venting Panels designed and manufactured to FM 4440 standards.
- ASM E 1886 and E1996 Hurricane Standards, including Flying Debris Cannon test promulgated originally in the Florida Building Code.
- ASTM E 331 Water Penetration.
- ASTM E283-91 Air Leakage.
- ASTM E330-90 Structural Performance.
- ICC-ES AC-177 compliant.
- Approved to the latest FM Standard 4881 for Exterior Wall Systems.
- Seismic code compliant.
- Optional extra-high impact faces withstand extraordinary impact forces in accordance with UL 972 standards.
- A thermoset FRP/aluminum composite that will not melt. Kalwall panels have many optional fire reaction capabilities, including CE compliance.
Wall Panel System CAD and Revit® details, as well as Revit Families, are available
Review our Translucent Replacement Systems and High-Performance Translucent Wall and Skyroof® Systems brochures.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try:
(08520) Aluminum Window
(08580) Special Function Window
(08 50 00) Windows
(08 51 13) Aluminum Windows|
(08 51 69) Metal Storm Windows
(08 52 69) Wood Storm Windows
(08 53 69) Vinyl Storm Windows