HouseNet with Insect Barrier - Helps Keep Homes with Masonry Cavity Walls Dry
The mortar-dropping collection device that brings the industry-leading moisture protection of MortarNet® with Insect Barrier™ to residential construction.
In residential masonry cavity walls, mortar collection above the flashing and weep hole levels is vital for proper masonry cavity wall performance and to prevent water damage. HouseNet suspends mortar droppings above the flashing and weeps so they stay clear and unobstructed.
Its 90% open mesh allows moisture to flow to the weeps and air to move within the cavity to promote drying. By using HouseNet for mortar suspension and collection, residential cavity walls perform the way they're designed and walls stay fry and trouble-free.
- Dual levels
- Trapezoidal shape
- 90% open weave mesh
- Patented Insect Barrier
- Made from 33% pre-consumer, 17% post-consumer recycled content
- Smaller size and lower price than commercial MortarNet make it ideal for quality residential construction
- Breaks up and suspends mortar droppings above the flashing on two levels so weeps stay open
- Open weave mesh construction provides hundreds of pathways for moisture to exit the cavity
- Insect Barrier helps prevent wall damage and health hazards from insect infestations
- Is very permeable to air, water and water vapor due to the low fiber density of the non-woven structure
- Helps prevent efflorescence and damage from freeze-thaw cycles
- Easy to transport, handle and cut, even on scaffolding
- Installs easily on brick ties in multi-story cavity walls
- 100% compatible with standard weep hole and weep vent designs
- Will not degrade, oxidize or react with common building materials
- Recycled content helps with LEED certification
- Helps eliminate callbacks to repair moisture damage
- Provides masons and building owners with greater peace of mind
Weep holes must be used with HouseNet to allow effective moisture drainage and wall drying. Click on WeepVent or CellVent to see how they can help keep weep holes open and prevent insects from entering the cavity through the weeps.
Note: 2" HouseNet is not available with Insect Barrier
@MortarNet #MortarNet #masonry #construction
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: