MortarNet with Insect Barrier - The Original Mortar Dropping Collection Device
Over 20 Years of installations. Thousands of walls. Not a single wall failure.
In masonry cavity walls, mortar collection above the flashing and weep hole levels is vital for proper masonry cavity wall performance and to prevent water damage. MortarNet suspends mortar droppings above the flashing and weeps so they stay clear and unobstructed. Its 90% open mesh allows moisture to flow to the weeps and air to move within the cavity to promote drying. By using MortarNet for mortar suspension and collection, cavity walls perform the way they're designed and walls stay dry and trouble-free.
- Dual levels
- Trapezoidal shape
- 90% open weave mesh
- Patented Insect Barrier
- 0.4" and 1.0" made from 40% pre-consumer recycled nylon
- 2.0" made from at least 20% post-consumer recycled polyester
- Breaks up and suspends mortar droppings above the flashing on two levels so weeps stay open
- Open weave mesh construction provides hundreds of pathways for moisture to exit the cavity
- Insect Barrier helps prevent wall damage and health hazards from insect infestations
- Is very permeable to air, water and water vapor due to the low fiber density of the non-woven structure
- Helps prevent efflorescence and damage from freeze-thaw cycles
- Easy to transport, handle and cut, even on scaffolding
- Installs easily on brick ties in multi-story cavity walls
- Will not degrade, oxidize or react with common building materials
- Recycled content helps with LEED certification
- Helps eliminate callbacks to repair moisture damage
- Provides masons and building owners with greater peace of mind
Weep holes must be used with MortarNet to allow effective moisture drainage and wall drying. Click on WeepVent or CellVent to see how they can help keep weep holes open and prevent insects from entering the cavity through the weeps.
@MortarNet #MortarNet #masonry #construction #InsectBarrier
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: