Neutron Shielding Products from Ray-Bar Engineering Corporation
Lead Lined and/or Borated Polyethylene (BPE) filled cores with steel faces and edges, manufactured to customer specifications in new or retro-fit applications. These doors are custom manufactured to suit each individual linear accelerator requirement based on energy output (MeV), gamma and/or neutron radiation types, orientation to radiation sources, primary beam configuration and overall room maze or direct designs. Manufactured as sliding or hinged doors and weighing up to 40,000 lbs. each.
Ray-Bar Neutron Shielded Doors,High Radiation Doors and Linear Accelerator Vault Doors meet all applicable requirements of the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements NCRP report# 51 "Radiation Protection Design Guidelines for 0.1-100 MeV Particle Accelerator Facilities" and NCRP report# 151 "Structural Shielding Design and Evaluation for Megavoltage X-Ray and Gamma-Ray Radiotherapy Facilities".
Neutron PuttyNeutron putty is used for filling voids in neutron shielding applications. Neutron putty has excellent malleable and pliable properties for molding around pipes or filling gaps and voids for shielding certain aspects of thermal or fast. It contains 10% boron and high hydrogen content to efficiently attenuate thermal neutrons or fast neutrons.
Borated Flex PanelsBorated Flex Panels are lightweight, extremely flexible and easy to cut or shape with 9% boron and hydrogen content. Typically utilized for shielding high-energy neutrons. Panels are available 3/8" thick 48" x 48" square.
Borated polyethylene sheets
- Borated polyethylene (BPE) composite shielding material with 5% boron content
- Provides a dependable shielding value through its uniform formula and homogeneous composition
- Durable and lightweight for ease of installation and longevity of use
- Available in 1" (25mm) thicknesses and cut sizes up to 48" x 96"(1200mm x 2400mm)
- Also available in higher density self-extinguishing fire-resistive compositions
- Excellent attenuation of thermal neutrons due to boron content
- Fast neutrons shielded by high hydrogen content
- Significant reduction in capture-gamma dose
- Shielding effectiveness: thermal neutrons: good, fast neutrons: good; gamma: poor; capture gamma: good.
- Additional technical shielding information available upon customer request.
Borated Polyethylene Pellets
- Light weight thermal or fast neutron shielding
- Easy to pour into hard to shield voids
- Provides 50% of equivalent solid BPE
Borated Polyethylene ShavingsBorated polyethylene shavings: for filling voids in neutron shielded applications. Borated Polyethylene shavings are available with 5% boron content and utilized for packing and filling in very small voids, gaps or joints between solid BPE sheets to assist in neutron shielding continuity.
High Density Concrete BlocksHigh density concrete blocks are available in many compositions and densities up to 300 lbs./cubic foot for shielding both gamma and neutron radiation.
About Ray-Bar Engineering
Ray-Bar Engineering Corporation is a foremost leader in the design and manufacture of radiation protection materials, supplying the United States and global marketplace for over 70 years. Ray-Bar’s reputation of prompt deliveries is achieved by maintaining perhaps the largest inventory of shielding materials in the U.S.
Our knowledge of custom requirements is kept in tune by our ongoing research, development, refinement, design, testing, building code compliance reviews, and installation of our products and materials on thousands of projects.
"WHEN PROTECTION IS REQUIRED THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SKILL AND EXPERIENCE"
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: