New and Improved L-Bead Installation by Coco Architectural
Our L-Bead linear bar grilles and L-Bead perforated grilles have a patent pending for fabrication features unique to Coco Architectural Grilles. These “borderless installation” grilles are one of the most popular installation options because they offer a flush finish. This type of installation, often called “mud-in” is not a new idea, but we surveyed contractors and architects to figure out the best way to improve this product.
New L-Bead Linear Bar Grilles & L-Bead Perforated Grilles
- We always strive to offer the best product possible, and continue to improve the L-bead installation option for our customers. The most notable features of our recent upgrade:
- Our design allows a borderless installation that is flush with the face of the wall or ceiling, even curved or concave surfaces.
- The grille includes pre-punched holes for quick mounting – no assembly necessary.
- The L-bead feature has recessed grooves to help capture plaster more securely.
- Grilles are fabricated with a solid single piece proprietary aluminum extrusion.
- Our unique design allows a full 1/8” mud-recess to achieve a Level 5 Plaster Finish.
- The L-Bead is tack welded at the corners to prevent plaster from cracking due to expansion/contraction of the material.
- The removable core option allows access to the duct work behind the core grille. A significant enhancement included here are the Stainless Steel Threaded Inserts. This allows a lifetime of use for the removable core option as the potential for cross threading or stripping out of the holes is eliminated.
- All of our grilles are fabricated with material that is extruded in the USA.
What is L-Bead?This installation option is commonly known as a “mud-in” and we have a patent pending for our unique product. What makes ours different? We have received a lot of feedback from installers and all of our design features are inspired by their input. We have the highest level of plaster recess, our welding process prevents plaster cracking, and the core of the grille is removable, which allows for future duct work behind the grille without damaging the plaster.
The L-Bead installation option can be applied to almost any linear bar grille and perforated grilles we offer with all finishes, in aluminum, bronze and stainless steel.
See our New and Improved Installation Guide
About Coco Architectural
Coco Architectural Grilles & Metalcraft has been setting the new standard for custom fabricated metal products, including Linear Bar Grilles and Perforated Sheet Metal Grilles, for over a century.
Experience, Integrity, Quality, Service, Flexibility: These are the characteristics that define us. We understand the importance of your project. That is why the leadership team at Coco Architectural Grilles & Metalcraft is actively involved with you at every step. To ensure that your Linear Bar Grilles and Perforated Grilles will not only meet but exceed your expectations.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: