New Free Online Continuing Education Course: The Role of Commerical Steel Doors in Resilient Design
Resiliency is a growing necessity. It is important to understand the impacts on the built environment resulting from natural and manmade disasters and disturbances and to design for those impacts now. Presented in this course is an overview of the benefits of using steel doors as part of a resilient design strategy for applications requiring resistance to blasts, tornadoes, and ballistics.
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- define some of the principles and strategies of resilient design
- contrast the performance (including strength, durability, and thermal resistance) of steel
- doors versus alternative materials
- state the green features of steel and explain why it is a sustainable material that is
- ideally suited for resilient design applications
- explain how steel doors can be utilized in a resilient design strategy for applications
- requiring resistance to blasts, tornadoes, or bullets, and
- discuss the standards and tests related to the various types of specialty steel doors.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try:
(32 14 16) Brick Unit Paving