architecture - engineering - construction
Partnering to create the industry's only human-centric ICU doors
The ProjectSTANLEY set out to create the healthcare industry's only human-centric ICU doors deliberately designed with respect for patients and caregivers in sensitive hospital environments. Understanding that adjustable privacy is a desired option for both medical staf and patients alike, STANLEY sought a partner that would provide integrated louvers in keeping with this state-of-the-art ICU door.
The Sliding Door SolutionThe new ProCare 8300A Automatic sliding door features the following advantages:
- Eliminates dangerous snagging of IV lines and equipment with a catch-free contoured handle and retractable positive latch hook shield.
- Widest clear door opening in the industry at 43.3” (1100mm) for automatic model with an 8’ door.
- Easy and more controlled swing out and return with a new intuitive swing out button. Quiet and fawless operation with a swing out guidance system. No panel sag during swing out.
- Touchless activation for infection control. Easily switches to manual slide mode, giving nurses the control they need. Exclusive Power Assist Technology makes manual sliding 3 times easier.
- Optional Vision Control® louvers-within-glass provides unprecedented comfort and control of vision, light, temperature and sound. The advanced louvered glazing technology eliminates strings, optimizes hygiene, ensures alignment, requires no maintenance and provides the ideal privacy solution for ICUs, operating rooms, nurseries and more.
ResultsAn industry frst, the STANLEY ProCare 8300A Automatic 2-panel automatic sliding door now features adjustable visibility control in addition to superior operation. Both panels swing out at full open. Jamb mounted touchless wave activation and overhead safety sensors, meeting ANSI/BHMA A156.10. In addition, the hermetically sealed Vision Control® internal louvers are HIPAA-compliant and come with ADA-compliant operation mechanisms. Vision Control® has been installed in thousands of hospitals around the world and is a winner of The Architects’ Choice Award from the National Symposium on Healthcare Design.
Participants:Sliding Doors – STANLEY Access Technologies
Insulating Glass with Integrated Louvers – Unicel Architectural
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: