Unicel Design for Safer Schools & Colleges
Design matters in schools and colleges where the safety and security of our young people are becoming a growing concern. Openings, such as viewing windows and door lite inserts, in both interior and exterior applications are a major consideration toward protective design that needs to ensure high levels of safety while providing adjustable visibility for monitoring. Vision Control® integrated cordless louvers - extruded aluminum louvers within glass units - are the only solution to competently address all these design requirements.
The RequirementsInterior vision lites in windows and doors are needed to monitor activities into student areas, gathering spaces, administrative offices and more. Visibility is important, but these windowed portals must have shatter-resistant and bullet-resistant glass. Additionally, any privacy solutions must be adjustable - permitting both open views and fully blocked visibility - and strong enough to withstand violent impacts.
The SolutionVision Control® integrated cordless louvers - extruded aluminum louvers within glass units - are the only solution to competently address all these design requirements.
- High impact glazing protects against bullets, shattering, fire and violent force.
- Louvers can be angled to provide adjustable monitoring. Viewing can be permitted from one area to the other, but not in the opposite direction, depending on the louver angle positioning.
- Louvers are made with hollow-chambered aluminum to provide maximum strength and maintain the strictly parallel alignment of the blades.
- During emergency situations, the interlocking profile of the louvers offer complete privacy when in closed position.
- Vision Control® units feature double glazing with a 2” airspace that has a Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating on par with drywall and concrete block walls.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: