TeifsWeatherTight VNT EIFS
|Subscribe to FREE newsletter||Aug 09, 2014|
Teifs WeatherTight VNT is our premium drainage EIF system. Like TeifsFlex EIFS, this system also offers the base level of benefits available in EIFS; energy efficiency, light weight, versatile design, and economical installation. Like Teifs Permadrain this system provides water-resistive barrier and means of drainage. This system is superior in that the water-resistive barrier is liquid applied which means less chance of rips and tears. This liquid applied water-resistive barrier also acts as an air barrier allowing for climate control systems to operate more efficiently. Means of drainage is achieved through vertical ribbons of adhesive providing a larger drainage plane for incidental moisture.
The TeifsWeathertight VNT a Class PB EIFS distinguished by installation with drainage. Drainage is accomplished by means of channels formed by vertical ribbons of adhesive applied to the back of the insulation board. The adhered insulation board is applied to Parex USA Weatherseal Spray & Roll-on TM water resistive barrier coating.
TeifsWeathertight VNT™ is qualified for use in combustible and noncombustible construction, fire resistant rated walls and residential and non-residential construction. Sheathing is limited to glass mat gypsum sheathing, cement board, and CDX plywood. Plywood may require 2 coats of Weatherseal Spray & Roll-on.
The system is qualified for application to certain types of OSB (oriented strand board) sheathing only in areas shown in the Teifs Acceptable Substrates and Areas of Use Technical Bulletin. OSB may require 2 coats of Weatherseal Spray & Roll-on.
For installation on OSB in other regions refer to TeifsPermadrain (Light Commercial/Residential.)
- Some jurisdictions may require special inspections of the Weatherseal Spray & Roll-on application.
- The system does not contribute structural strength to the wall. It depends on the substrate wall for support and attachment.
- Substrate construction must resist all design loads. Sheathing attachment to framing must resist design negative windloads because it transfers those loads to the framing. Appropriate safety factors must be applied.
- All penetrations and non-draining terminations of the system must be made weather-tight, typically by sealants and/or flashings.
- The EPS in EIFS has a maximum service temperature of 165F (74C). Dark colors will increase the surface temperature of the EIFS wall.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: