Presenting Sto™ Integrated Exterior Wall Systems
The building science experts at Sto continue to lead the way in advancing energy efficiency. Today’s energy codes and regulations reflect many of the design principles embodied in our high-performance integrated exterior wall systems.
For example, North American building and energy standards now require the use of:
- Continuous air barrier in all residential and commercial wall construction (except for U.S. climate zones 1–3).
- Continuous insulation for most residential and commercial wood and steel frame construction.
- Drainage per U.S. building codes (some exceptions allowed with tested details).
That’s why we’ve made building and energy code compliance simple with Sto integrated exterior wall systems. Sto has combined all three of these key elements—continuous insulation (ci), air/moisture barrier and drainage—to create integrated exterior wall assemblies that can last the entire life of the building.
In addition to protecting against moisture intrusion, mold and mildew, Sto integrated exterior wall systems provide advanced drainage capabilities and substantial energy savings by creating a thermally efficient building envelope that enhances interior climate control and comfort.
StoTherm™ ci Wall SystemsIntegrated Wall Systems that deliver the best in performance, sustainability and design flexibility.
StoTherm™ ci systems integrate the following key elements – continuous insulation (ci), air/moisture barrier, drainage and a variety of textured finish options to create a superior, sustainable wall cladding. This high-performing, eye-catching system saves energy and stays attractive for years. StoTherm™ ci improves indoor comfort and air quality while maintaining maximum curb appeal and lowering overall life-cycle costs.
Key Components of the Sto Continuous Insulation (ci) System:
- Waterproof Air Barrier
- Drainage Cavity
- Continuous Insulation
- Textured Finishes
- Waterproof Air Barrier: Protects the wall from moisture intrusion minimizing risk of water damage and associated repair costs.
- Outbound Dew Point: Prevents condensation and freeze damage by placing the dew point outside the stud wall cavity.
- Low Maintenance Cost: Coatings and finishes with advanced acrylic and Lotus-Effect technologies resist dirt pickup, peeling and cracking.
- High R-Value: Continuous insulation with high R-values provides significant energy cost savings by eliminating thermal bridging.
- Reduced Structural Loads: StoTherm™ claddings are very lightweight, resulting in reduced structural cost requirements.
- Lowest Life-Cycle Cost: StoTherm™ ci claddings have the lowest life cycle costs compared to non-insulated brick and stucco claddings.
- Code Approved: Complies with both ICC and IECC code requirements for continuous insulation.
- No Mechanical Fasteners: No penetrating nails or screws to attach the insulation means no thermal bridging.
- Premium Finishes & Coatings: Sto high performance finishes and coatings provide superior weatherability and resistance to UV fading, mold and mildew.
About Sto Corp
Sto is your partner for advanced building technology solutions.
Sto is an innovative world leader and producer of a broad range of versatile building envelope solutions and coating systems for building construction, maintenance and restoration. For more than thirty-five years, Sto has been leading the way in building technology while providing our customers the most experienced technical support in the industry. At Sto, its’ the people that make the difference.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: