Auburn Skylights & Canopies from Major Industries
Auburn® Engineered skylights are manufactured in a strictly controlled environment designed to meet both our in-house quality policy and third-party performance guidelines. Our custom engineered skylights are designed to meet or exceed all applicable building codes and structural requirements and have the following minimum performance attributes:
Framework: All extruded aluminum shall be of the alloy 6063-T5 or 6063-T6. The actual alloy, temper and thickness, however, shall be dependent upon the physical requirements of the particular loading and deflection, cross-sectional configuration, and required finish.
Glazing Strips: Extruded 70± durometer EPDM material per ASTM C864.
Setting Blocks: Extruded EPDM rubber formulated Type A 80± durometer per ASTM D2240.
Fasteners: For exterior cap retainers: ASTM A193B8 300 series stainless steel screws. For framework connections: ASTM B211 2024-T4 aluminum rivets, as required by connection.
Flashing: Standard flashing will be 5005-H34 or equivalent with a minimum thickness of .040.
- Anodized Coatings:
- Architectural Class I clear anodized Type AA-M10C22 A41 (supersedes AAMA 607.1).
- Architectural Class II clear anodized type AA-M10C22-A31.
- Architectural Class I pigmented anodized Type AA-M10C22 A42 (supersedes AAMA 606.1).
- Pigmented Organic Coatings: AAMA 603.8.
- High Performance Pigmented Organic Coatings: AAMA 2605 (supersedes AAMA 605.2).
- Save money in initial cost and long-term energy expenses.
- Possible LEED® credit opportunities for both new construction and existing buildings
- High-performance EPDM gaskets.
- Guaranteed against defective materials and construction for one year from date of purchase (exclusions apply – see final warranty for details).
- Universal “slope adapters” fit all standard rafters, creating precise slope control regardless of product geometry.
- Tubular rafters, which frequently eliminate the need for support tubes, are standard
- Instant pricing from our SkyPrice™ computer system
About Major Industries
Major Industries is your one-stop source for energy-saving daylighting solutions! Major has been manufacturing quality daylighting products for more than three decades and offers a complete line of translucent, glass, and polycarbonate skylights as well as translucent wall systems. Our system quality, customer service and dependability have helped us earn the trust of leading architects, engineers and other specifiers.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: