Clima-Tite Wall Systems from Major Industries
In order to create the pultruded fiberglass members in a Clima-Tite™ system, continuous strands of glass are combined with resins and pulled through a heated die. Pultruded fiberglass has numerous advantages over aluminum, including dimensional stability and increased protection from temperature differences and condensation, which can enhance occupant comfort.
Fiberglass is also environmentally sound, as the manufacturing processes require less energy compared to aluminum (about 80% less embodied energy). The main ingredient in fiberglass is silica sand, an abundant natural material. Once properly converted, the inherent thermal properties of fiberglass allow for reduced HVAC loads, which can reduce greenhouse emissions. The long lifespan and durability of pultruded fiberglass also delivers reduced costs over the lifetime of the system.
Clima-Tite™ translucent panel wall systems feature the following performance benefits:
- Pultruded framing offers enhanced thermal performance and corrosion resistance, as well as low thermal conductivity (eliminates the need for thermal breaks)
- Pultruded framing is also electrically non-conductive - unlike aluminum – and is UV resistant
- High impact resistance - reinforcing fibers distribute load
- Snap-to-lock installation feature keeps panels in place without visible fasteners – simple installation
- Standard 2-3/4” panel width, available in panel sizes up to 5’ x 16’
- A variety of grid patterns are available, in sizes from 6” x 6” up to 12” x 24”
- Crystal, White, Ice Blue, Aqua, Desert Rose and Tan exterior sheet colors available
- Three insulation options available – center of panel U-factors as low as .08, system U-factors as low as .14
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficients as low as .06
- Mixed glazed systems available – combining translucent panels with operable or fixed windows
- Industry-best warranties – 25 year fiberbloom and up to 20 year color change
About Major Industries Inc.
Major Industries, Inc. manufactures energy-saving day-lighting systems for any design and budget. We offer custom skylight design options and a full range of glazing choices – from Guardian 275® translucent FRP panels to polycarbonate multi-wall, acrylic and glass. We also manufacture thermally efficient translucent curtainwall systems that are a perfect match for both new and retrofit applications. Our goal is to provide building owners with a day-lighting system that best fits the building’s function. Whether you’re designing a work area that requires translucent panels for glare-free light, or an entryway that demands striking views of the sky, Major can create a solution that’s right for you.
Equally important is the economic cost associated with a poorly designed day-lighting system. Major Industries has a staff of experts to answer your day-lighting questions before costly design errors are made. All of our skylight and translucent curtain-wall systems are structurally proven, meet applicable building codes to ensure owner satisfaction, and are backed by industry-best warranties.
Major Industries’ skylights and translucent curtain wall systems provide beautiful natural light, easy installation, energy efficiency, and affordability. Our day-lighting experts can be reached by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling toll free (888) 759-2678 in North America.
For other relevant searches, you might want to try:
|(07) Thermal and Moisture Protection|
(07 40 00) Roofing and Siding Panels
(07 77 00) Wall Specialties
(08 45 00) Translucent Wall and Roof Assemblies
(08 45 23) Fiberglass-Sandwich-Panel Assemblies