Hurricane Protection Systems
Major Industries’ Guardian 275® Translucent Systems, now approved for use in most Florida counties, the Texas Gulf Coast and more than 95% of the hurricane zones in North America, can be configured to provide unmatched protection from the elements while allowing glare-free natural light to illuminate building interiors.
Guardian 275®, with its unique sandwich panel design, integral moisture management systems, and use of high-performance materials, offers strong protection without sacrificing the numerous health and environmental benefits that daylighting provides. Guardian 275® has also been rigorously tested in order to receive a Florida Approval Number, having to stand up to a variety of missile impact, water and air infiltration and pressure load tests. Guardian 275® hurricane systems were also the first translucent panel daylighting system to receive Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) approval (#RWA-01) for use along the Texas Gulf Coast.
Testing Criteria and Standards:
- ASTM E1886/E1996 – Large Missile Impact Resistance (up to Wind Zone 3, Missile Lev. D)
- ASTM E331 Water Penetration
- ASTM E330 Structural Performance
- ASTM E283 Air Infiltration
- Florida Approval Numbers – FL10280 (wall system – up to Wind Zone 2, Missile Lev. C) FL13504 (wall system – up to Wind Zone 3, Missile Lev. D) FL13456 (skylight – up to Wind Zone 3, Missile Lev. D)
- Texas Department of Insurance Report Number – RWA-01
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: