Bilco Type FR-Fire Rated Floor Door
Maintains the fire rating of a 2-hour floor ceiling assembly where access is required between building floors. Fire rated floor doors feature an automatic closing system, intumescent fire resistant coating, and a pan cover designed to accept architectural flooring materials for concealed access. Type FR doors are available in a number of UL-Listed standard sizes.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Fire rated per NFPA 251, NFPA 288, ASTM E119, and BS476: Part 22 requirements
- UL listed
- Engineered with lift assistance for smooth, easy one-hand door operation, regardless of size
- Automatic hold-open arm locks the cover in the open position to ensure safe egress
- Constructed with corrosion resistant materials to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service
- Heavy-duty construction and positive latching mechanism help to prevent unauthorized access
- Available in a number of standard and special sizes to satisfy any requirement
- Material: 1/4" (6mm) aluminum cover and extruded aluminum frame
- Cover: Aluminum plate reinforced for 150 psf (732 kg/m2) live load. Intumescent fire coating applied to the underside of the cover*. Designed with 1" (25 mm) fillable pan for field installation of architectural flooring material up to 1/2" (13 mm) thickness (specify flooring material including type, thickness, and weight). The remaining depth must be filled with concrete to maintain the fire rating of the door assembly (if finish floor is not desired, the pan must be filled with 1" (25 mm) of concrete).
- Frame: Extruded aluminum frame with built in anchor flange around the perimeter. Intumescent fire coating applied on the interior surfaces of the frame.
- Hinges: Continuous heavy-duty type 316 stainless steel hinge.
- Latch: Pneumatic self closing system that automatically closes the door in the event of a fire when heat parts a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Mechanical hold-open system with release button automatically holds the cover in the open position.
- Performance Ratings: Tested in accordance with ASTM E119, NFPA 251,NFPA 288 and UL-listed (File R15197) as having a 2-hour fire rating when exposed to fire from the underside. Complies with BS476: Part 22 for a 1-hour rating.
- Finish: Mill Finish aluminum with a bituminous coating applied to the exterior of the frame.
- Hardware: Type 316 Stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.
@TheBilcoCompany #TheBilcoCompany #flooraccess #roofhatches #smokevents #basementdoors
For other relevant searches, you might want to try: