Artistry in Architectural Grilles Custom Laser-Cut Decorative Metal Screen
September 28, 2017
A down to the wire request to have two large, intricate, decorative metal screens completed in just 4 days. These laser cut panels also received custom plating.
- An intensely intricate and delicate decorative pattern repeated throughout the piece
- The maximum thickness of the material was limited to 1/16”
- These decorative metal panels have many fine and narrow filigree characteristics that could not be cut quickly on the laser
- The metal screen panels were very large; 113” x 36”
- Artistry in Architectural Grilles’ engineering team programed the pattern in several hours and immediately went into production by 4 PM the first day.
- The laser ran throughout the night continuing on the panels.
- Due to the intricacy of the pattern and light material gauge, the cutting sequence had to be randomly arranged to ensure the material wasn’t melted.
- The grille pattern required over 60 hours of cutting time.
The contractor and Boutique owner were thrilled we could meet an impossible deadline. Their words:
“They look amazing.”
At a glance
TYPE: Custom Laser Cut
STYLE: Custom Pattern
DETAIL: Specialized Cut Sequence
MATERIAL: 1/16″ Steel
Company: Advanced Architectural Grilleworks
Product: Perforated Grilles
Achieving Sustainability and Luxury in a Multi-Family Project (September 22, 2017), Top Interior Design Ideas with Masonry Veneers (September 19, 2017), 9300 Slides – for the heavier bear (September 18, 2017), Cable railing ideas for indoors - stairs, lofts & more (September 14, 2017), Glass Block with Etchings (September 9, 2017), Tectum III & Tectum IIIP Acoustical Roof Deck (September 7, 2017), Tectum Panel Art (August 18, 2017), Accuride Integrated Access Solutions: The New Frontier of Access Control (August 15, 2017), Top NYC architect selects Feeney for notable barn project (July 26, 2017), You Deserve to be Delighted: 10 Essential Elements to Look for in a Security Entrance Manufacturer (July 25, 2017)
Green: The Color that Became a Building Philosophy (September 5, 2017), Anodize Nickel Test (August 17, 2017), Modular Seating - Volare™ (August 10, 2017), Slipnot® provides slip resistance and aesthetic display for Times Square spotlight on Broadway project (August 7, 2017), Blackened Steel for Architectural Design (July 19, 2017), 3135EC Eclipse Undermount: Sliding under the radar (July 9, 2017), FDOT Improving Bicyclist Safety with SlipNOT® (April 4, 2017), Railing Infill Face-Off: Cable vs. Glass (March 10, 2017), Brass clad & bronze clad doors & frames (January 30, 2017), The Dock Gate's custom gas struts make the vertical gate easy to open. Easy as 1, 2, 3! (September 21, 2016)
New facility at Dupage Airport in Chicago features Extech's systems (September 21, 2017), Visual Blog: Kalwall in the Cultural Market (August 22, 2017), Little things make a big difference (August 14, 2017), Draper Launches Acoustical Shading Solution (May 29, 2017), Four new ways to think about solar control (May 10, 2017), Solar shading systems: fixed & motorized louvers (May 3, 2017), Use of louvers-between-glass can contribute up to 31 LEED certification credits (April 5, 2017), Make rooms quieter with a little help from EchoControl acoustical shading (November 14, 2016), New Unicel white paper provides guidance for specifying privacy and shading solutions (October 19, 2016), Architects Inspiration Handbook for Glass applications in commercial interiors (August 29, 2016)