REFLECTOR™ Enhancer Floors
June 19, 2015
In high demand for automobile, motorcycle and watercraft showrooms.
Epoxies have become a generic term for many different types of resin flooring systems. Epoxy is the fully cured end result of usually two components or resins that have been mixed together. Epoxies are known for their adhesive qualities and have been in use for many years. You can find epoxy being used for crack repair, primer systems, and final top coats for floors and surfaces. Epoxy floor coatings are available in an unlimited color palette as well as clear epoxy. Epoxies are often used as the bond coat for subsequent top coats of similar material or of higher abrasion and chemical resistance such as Polyurethane or Polyaspartic coatings. An epoxy primer coat can be a “%” solids or water based. Usually for thicker applications, 100% solids epoxy is used due to its ability to cure fast and its ultimate strength.
A popular floor finish for many commercial and residential floors is the Epoxy Color Flake Floor System. Here is a breakdown of how it is installed:
- Floor Preparation including grinding or shot blasting to provide a clean surface.
- Crack repair to fill and seal all cracks and joints. Epoxy is an ideal material to fill and repair concrete floor cracks.
- A bond coat is applied as a first coat to seal and coat the entire area. Usually with a colored epoxy similar to the color of the final floor.
- A second bond coat is then applied followed up by immediately broadcasting vinyl color flakes or chips onto the wet epoxy, until rejection (they no longer stick) and full coverage is achieved.
- After the color flake coat has cured and any loose materials have been removed a final and often two coat top coat system is applied. The top coats are often not epoxy but a polyurethane or polyaspartic material. Epoxies are ideal for adhesion but can sometimes leave scratch marks if used as a top coat. It is recommended you contact your local Elite Crete System office for proper specifications for your next floor project.
Epoxy floor coatings allow for the color variety that comes with paint but the durability of a much stronger material. Epoxy floor coverings can take foot traffic, vehicular traffic and sustain wear and tear from many industrial tools and equipment.
Here are just a few of the benefits of epoxy coatings:
- Seamless and easy to clean. Mop and light detergent for easy maintenance.
- Hard, durable, and wear resistant even with vehicular traffic
- Attractive and customizable. Able to create any pattern or design with color and design.
- Slip resistant. Epoxies can have anti slip additives to create a grip and non-slip surface.
- Low VOC – Epoxy floor coatings can be low or No VOC’s for environmentally friendly coatings.
- Fast curing and customizable curing times for cold or hot applications.
- Cost effective. Large areas can be coated for a reasonable cost and overall long term solution.
The latest technology
Epoxies have evolved over the years and have just gotten better and better. Today with the advent of metallic epoxy floors or REFLECTOR™ Enhancer Flooring Systems we are taking epoxies and resinous flooring to a whole new level. These metallic epoxy floor coatings use metallic powder to create depth and originality never seen in a coating before. REFLECTOR™ Enhancer Flooring Systems combine the durability and strength of Epoxy with the decor options of custom paint and natural chemical reactions that provide a truly unique floor system.
Composite, Synthetic Decking and Deck Railing Materials (June 1, 2015), Reasons You’ll Love Your Residential Pool Deck Coating (May 25, 2015), Concrete repair, resurfacing and epoxy flooring by Super-Krete Products (May 4, 2015), Would you step out on this glassfloor? (April 10, 2015), Beautiful, High Performance Finished Floor Solutions (April 1, 2015)
7 Cool Uses of Glass for Contemporary Luxury Homes (June 12, 2015), The Why of White (June 3, 2015), Find Your Color With ColorSnap Studio™ (May 20, 2015), Tectum V Acoustical Roof Deck (May 8, 2015), There’s a new trend in the mailbox industry... (May 6, 2015), Concrete repair, resurfacing and epoxy flooring by Super-Krete Products (May 4, 2015), OGDEN flexible curved or circular benches (April 29, 2015), A World Without Windows (April 24, 2015), 5 Tips For How To Fill Perfect Looking Large Planters (April 22, 2015), Would you step out on this glassfloor? (April 10, 2015)