Which Metal Ceiling Tile Finish Is Right For You?
October 11, 2017
One of the most beautiful parts of metal ceiling tiles is the sheer number of options there are when selecting one. There are numerous sizes, shapes, and colors to choose from. It is practically guaranteed that you will be able to find a metal ceiling tile that fits not only the atmosphere of the room it will be in but your personal taste as well. Nothing demonstrates these options better than the different finishes available for tiles.
Benefits Of Having Different Metal Ceiling Tile Finishes
There are hundreds of different finishes available, each one unique. Finishes can be worn and weathered to shiny and bright. Some may be bold, while others may be dull. This variety is great for a few reasons.
- You will be able to match existing ceiling tiles. If you are looking to replace a few ceiling tiles that are a part of an existing ceiling, there will not be a problem finding a tile to match the tiles that are already in place. This will make the replacement process much easier for you.
- You will find the perfect ceiling tile for whatever aesthetic appeal you are in search of. Whether you want a vintage appearance or a modern appearance, there is no shortage of metal ceiling tile finishes. Metal ceiling tiles allow you to express your individuality. Your creativity and style can be directly seen by the metal ceiling tiles you wish to display around your home.
How Can Different Finishes Impact A Room?
The room where the metal ceiling tile will be placed can directly impact the style and feel you wish to convey. For example, you may want a bold ceiling tile for your bathroom to liven it up while preferring a more neutral ceiling tile for your bedroom. Metal ceiling tiles can fit into a room in practically any way possible. If you wish for them to be the focal point of a room, there are metal ceiling tile finishes that achieve that. If you wish for your metal ceiling tiles to compliment or blend into a room, there are finishes that will achieve that as well.
Consider using metal ceiling tiles around your home in these different ways. Obviously, the finish you choose will affect how each tile is portrayed in a room.
- Ceilings – Their name says it all. Metal tiles can be used to give your current, boring ceiling more character. Ceilings made of tin tiles can make a room feel more warm and welcoming
- Walls – Instead of painting, consider hanging metal ceiling tiles on your wall to provide a unique dynamic. It may be best to consider more conservative or flat-based finishes here, as a wall of shiny tin can be distracting and overwhelming. Then again, it’s your room and you can decorate it as you see fit!
- Wall Art – Simply using individual tiles can spice up a room. A vintage finish can make for a great piece of decorative wall art.
- Backsplashes – A tin ceiling tile backsplash makes a great compliment to a laundry room or kitchen. Not only do they look good, but they provide practicality as well. Metal ceiling tiles are easy to wipe down and clean. Removing grease or detergent from paint or wallpapering is difficult, but this is not the case with metal tiles.
- Memo Boards – Cork boards are outdated. Metal tiles can be used in an office or kitchen as a perfect complimentary piece.
- Bookshelves – Add a vintage look to your room by replacing the backboard of a bookshelf with a metal ceiling tile that has a rustic appearance.
There are hundreds of finishes to choose from, but these are some popular choices that can fit any style of room. You can purchase a color sample of each to ensure that the tin tiles will perfectly achieve the look you are striving for.
- Alaska Finish – This finish provides a very rustic and antique look. It is a hand-faux finish in transparent copper, with hints of very light blue and teal.
- Key West Finish – Consider this finish the opposite of the Alaska Finish. The hints of teal that are seen in the Alaska Finish make up the base of the Key West Finish. Perfect for a sunroom or beach home, this tile comes in an antique brass, white, and green finish.
- Oklahoma Finish – This tile is hand finished in Renaissance gold and ivory.
- Classic Gold Finish – Much shinier than the previous three options, this tile is powder coated in white wash and transparent yellow gold with shiny gold embellishments.
So what metal ceiling tile finish did you decide on?
Company: Metal Ceiling Express
Armstrong® Ceilings Taps Broad Range of Capabilities To Bring One-of-a-Kind Ceiling Ideas to Life (October 4, 2017), An Introduction to Access Covers (December 12, 2016), Kalwall Featured in Major Award-Winning College Project (November 28, 2016), Acoustical Walls, Ceilings and Special Applications (November 11, 2016), AAG100 Plaster J-Bead™ Curved Linear Grille (November 9, 2016), Benefits of Decorative Metal Ceilings (July 22, 2016), Restaurant Ceiling Tiles (July 1, 2016), Where Champions Train: Kalwall® Lights Up Broncos’ Indoor Facility (May 16, 2016), Guardian 275® translucent skylights provide a wide range of color, thermal performance and specialty application options (April 6, 2016), Decorative Panels & Screens (April 4, 2016)
Using Glass Creatively In Office Interiors (October 2, 2017), Artistry in Architectural Grilles Custom Laser-Cut Decorative Metal Screen (September 28, 2017), Achieving Sustainability and Luxury in a Multi-Family Project (September 22, 2017), Top Interior Design Ideas with Masonry Veneers (September 19, 2017), 9300 Slides – for the heavier bear (September 18, 2017), Cable railing ideas for indoors - stairs, lofts & more (September 14, 2017), Glass Block with Etchings (September 9, 2017), Tectum III & Tectum IIIP Acoustical Roof Deck (September 7, 2017), Tectum Panel Art (August 18, 2017), Accuride Integrated Access Solutions: The New Frontier of Access Control (August 15, 2017)
Skylight guarding with SRC - Skylight Screens (October 10, 2017), Artistry in Architectural Grilles Custom Laser-Cut Decorative Metal Screen (September 28, 2017), Green: The Color that Became a Building Philosophy (September 5, 2017), Anodize Nickel Test (August 17, 2017), Modular Seating - Volare™ (August 10, 2017), Slipnot® provides slip resistance and aesthetic display for Times Square spotlight on Broadway project (August 7, 2017), Blackened Steel for Architectural Design (July 19, 2017), 3135EC Eclipse Undermount: Sliding under the radar (July 9, 2017), FDOT Improving Bicyclist Safety with SlipNOT® (April 4, 2017), Railing Infill Face-Off: Cable vs. Glass (March 10, 2017)
Sustainable Single-Family House (October 5, 2017), New facility at Dupage Airport in Chicago features Extech's systems (September 21, 2017), Design A Better Shaftwall System (August 29, 2017), Blast protection and pressure relief systems (August 24, 2017), Tectum Panel Art (August 18, 2017), Global warming: how architects & building owners can prepare the world (July 27, 2017), 5 Little Known Facts about High Gloss Acrylic Wall Panels (July 24, 2017), Kalwall Featured In Winning 2017 RIBA London Award Project (June 20, 2017), 7 Hot 2017 Bathroom Design Trends You Need to Add Style to Your Space (June 13, 2017), Designed for resiliency and acoustic performance (May 17, 2017)