Buy Online & Pickup In-Store, Back to School Edition: Package Concierge® Reveals Top Tips for Retailers
Innovator in Automated Locker System Helps Retailers Make the Most of Second Busiest Shopping Season of the Year
The back to school shopping season drives over $27 billion in retail sales, according to a new Deloitte report. And while the online channel continues to grow, consumers are exploring new ways to make shopping even more convenient. Research shows the Buy Online Pickup In-Store (BOPIS) option is now responsible for nearly 30 percent of online retail revenue. That’s why today, Package Concierge, the innovator of the automated locker system, is revealing its top tips to help retailers maximize this movement and propel back to school sales this season and beyond.
“With the dominance of Amazon, and the continued growth of online shopping in general, retailers are pursuing innovation around fulfillment options,”
said Penny Lasater of Package Concierge Retail. “The popularity of BOPIS is the perfect way for today’s retailers to marry the best of both the online and in-store experiences to engage with customers, and the right BOPIS fulfillment system can make the difference between success and setback.”
Amazon has a reported 2,000+ digital lockers and it is estimated that by the end of this year, 40 percent of the U.S. population will have access to a Walmart pick-up locker. Package Concierge is the creator of the leading digital locker management solution, with more than 20 million package transactions processed nationwide.
“We have a proven system that is focused on delivering the highest quality experience in the market, and because our system easily integrates with ecommerce platforms, Package Concierge delivers seamless BOPIS fulfillment for retailers and their customers,” added Lasater.
Package Concierge has identified five areas for retailers to focus on when it comes to BOPIS:
- Convenience is king: In our world where instant gratification tops all else, today’s consumers expect a new kind of convenience when shopping, so progressive omnichannel retailers must adopt BOPIS to accommodate changing demands. A recent study shows two-thirds of shoppers say multiple fulfillment options influence their willingness to complete a purchase.
- Cost cutting: BOPIS allows consumers (and retailers) to save shipping fees, while also expediting last mile fulfillment. Avoiding shipping fees was listed as the top reason customers like BOPIS, so it’s critical for retailers to offer a frictionless customer experience that also helps them save money.
- Vision quest: Retailers need to ensure customers can view store-level inventory when making an item selection. Shoppers today want their merchandise ASAP, and they’ll likely only consider items that are in-stock and ready for pickup, otherwise they’ll go to another retailer to find it.
- Don’t forget fulfillment: BOPIS doesn’t work if retailers don’t have a clearly stated fulfillment promise that they can consistently deliver on. Many retailers are meeting the expectation of availability within two hours for items in stock. Retailers must make their BOPIS process convenient AND quick. BOPIS falls short if consumers experience friction with fulfillment—standing in line to retrieve an order is a satisfaction killer.
- Lock it up: Automated locker systems, like the one from Package Concierge, provide simple and secure fulfillment to ensure a positive BOPIS experience for consumers and retailers. During the busy back to school season, it’s crucial that retailers capitalize on the increased traffic by providing shoppers with a seamless and pleasant transaction process. Research shows nearly 80 percent of BOPIS shoppers will make an additional purchase while at the store, and a happy customer buys more.
With the Package Concierge system, customers purchase items online and receive a secure authentication code via email and text that confirms the purchase is ready for pick-up. Once at the store, consumers scan their code at the locker system and retrieve their items. It’s simple, and it’s seamless and takes just seconds to complete. For more information about Package Concierge and its solution, please visit www.packageconcierge.com/retail.
Company: Package Concierge
Product: Locker Solutions for Retail
Regulatory compliance: how a lack of clarity around the entry leads to fines (April 13, 2018), How are mantrap portals designed to mitigate physical security risk? (March 12, 2018), Linear motion track systems and how they help you (January 29, 2018), From west to east with Howe Green access covers (January 4, 2018), Four Cross-Departmental Benefits of Electronic Access Control (October 13, 2017), Accuride Integrated Access Solutions: The New Frontier of Access Control (August 15, 2017)
Tips for specifying postal specialties (July 30, 2018), Repair, replace or upgrade: what to do with an outdated mailbox system (April 2, 2018)
Art in Motion by Ethereal Light Installation Artist Spencer Finch (June 9, 2018), Regulatory compliance: how a lack of clarity around the entry leads to fines (April 13, 2018), How are mantrap portals designed to mitigate physical security risk? (March 12, 2018), Portable security booths (February 22, 2018), Using security bollards and barriers to protect property and pedestrians (February 2, 2018), Why access control systems will never be enough to protect your premises (January 11, 2018), Securing your bulletproof glass investment in 2018 (December 18, 2017), Bullet Proof Barriers For Utility And Electric Co-Op Offices (November 21, 2017), Attractive Bulletproof Barrier Design (October 27, 2017), Andamar Lifestyle Center uses revolving doors to combat wind, air infiltration (October 25, 2017)