Designing and Manufacturing Modular Radiation Shielding Barriers and Walls
March 24, 2021
“Durable Modular Radiation Barriers designed form maximum flexibility and easy installation”
MarShield is a North American leader in the design and manufacture of standard and custom-designed radiation shielding modular barriers & walls.
Designed for the medical industry, these full body shielding units shield personnel from harmful secondary radiation in examination rooms, intensive or cardiac case units, and nuclear medicine suites. They also provide shielding in industrial applications, including welding, nuclear and non-destructive-testing.
These barriers reduce exposure to harmful radiation while maintaining “open concept” environment through lead safety glass window viewing panels and have durable solid lead-lined panels available with 1.6 mm lead equivalency and up to 1/2 inch in pure lead.
They offer quick, clean, and easy installation with no demolition needed and are built to last with a solid steel frame. Each unit is customized to suit your individual application, based on architectural specs or a custom concept we help you create. The units are extremely adaptable and designed to accommodate future modifications and expansions.
Features and Benefits
- Panels extend from floor to 84” or higher, ensuring effective protection.
- Frame and bottom opaque panel color: Beige/tan (power coat finish/ABS). Optional colors available.
- View panel is safety lead glass (laminated glass with interlayer. This safety lead glass is shatter resistant and meets requirements of ANSI Z97.1-1984 and 16 CFR 1201 Cat. II) *
- Lead equivalencies ranging from 0.5mm to 3mm.
- Can be fabricated into larger continuous window panes, up to 6’ x 8’ or larger.
- Examination rooms
- Operating rooms
- Intensive or cardiac care units
- Nuclear medicine suites
- Industrial applications /NDT
@MarShield_TM #MarShield_TM #radiationshielding #neutron #shielding